martes, 6 de octubre de 2009

SOMETHING





Something in the way she moves Attracts me like no other lover Something in the way she woos me I don't want to leave her now You know I believe and how Somewhere in her smile she knows That I don't need no other lover Something in her style that shows me I don't want to leave her now You know I believe and how You're asking me will my love grow I don't know, I don't know You stick around and it may show I don't know, I don't know Something in the way she knows And all I have to do is think of her Something in the things she shows me I don't want to leave her now You know I believe and how


Grabada durante
16 de Abril, 2-5 de Mayo, 11-16 de Julio y 15 de agosto de 1969, Pareciera ser q esta cancion tuvo sus incios en el viaje de la India, pero no habia sido finalizada para el album blanco.
Muchos creen, y tambien se hiso creer, que esta cacnion fue dedicada Pattie Boyd ( y ella lo tiene como titulo de su libro). George ha dicho q mientras la escribia pensaba como la cantaría Ray Charles.
De cualquien manera, hoy se cumplen 40 años de su lanzamiento como side A. Primer side A de George.

"I wrote the song 'Something' for the album before this one, but I never finished it off until just recently. I usually get the first few lines of words and music together, both at once... and then finish the rest of the melody. Then I have to write the words. It's like another song I wrote when we were in India. I wrote the whole first verse and just said everything I wanted to say, and so now I need to write a couple more verses. I find that much more difficult. But John gave me a handy tip. He said, 'Once you start to write a song, try
to finish it straight away while you're still in the same mood.' Sometimes you go back to it and you're in a whole different state of mind. So now, I do try to finish them straight away."
GEORGE 1969

"I think that's about the best track on the album, actually." JOHN 1969
"I like George's song 'Something.' For me I think it's the best he's written." PAUL 1969





1 comentario:

  1. muy lindo blog!
    George fue uno de los mejores musicos de la historia y su musica, tal vez por no haber sido lo suficientemente profusa, no tiene el reconocimiento que deberia tener.
    Mi preferido es John, pero me gusta mucho la primera etapa solista de george también.

    Gracias por pasarte
    Te mando un beso

    ResponderEliminar